Since I was elected in 2010, it has been my honor to serve as the state representative for House District 128, part of Scarborough.
With the support of my family, I have decided to run for re-election so that I can return to Augusta to continue the important work of right-sizing government.
As a wife and working mother of three sons, and an active member of the Scarborough community for 30 years, I understand how tough it is to make ends meet. With my career in the dental health field and as a member of the Health and Human Services committee, I listen to the needs and concerns of many people.
In Augusta, I promise to work hard for the people of Scarborough on such priorities as government transparency, prioritizing our limited resources, protecting safety net programs for the vulnerable, safeguarding our liberties, and promoting job growth and opportunity for all Maine citizens. And l will continue to base my votes on facts, research and constituent input.
Over the last four years, Governor LePage and the Maine legislature rolled up their sleeves and successfully worked together. Some of the accomplishments that make me proudest include:
- Paying Maine’s hospitals $750 Million in overdue welfare bills;
- Promoting JOBS! Maine’s unemployment rate continues to drop and thousands of new private sector jobs have been created;
- Welfare reform resulting in a 50% reduction in Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Cutting Taxes: The largest across the board tax cut in Maine’s history; and 70,000 of Maine’s working poor do not pay income tax;
- Repealing the automatic gas tax increases; and
- Stopping Medicaid expansion, which will save hardworking taxpayers $800 million in the next ten years!
With my 100% attendance record, you can count on me to work hard and not walk away from tough votes.
If you would like to support my campaign either financially or by volunteering your time, I would be most grateful.
It is always nice to hear from constituents, and if you need help or have concerns regarding legislative matters, please feel free contact me.
House and Senate districts are reapportioned every ten years. Scarborough is a bustling community and our population has increased. Thus, we will be served three state representatives. House District 128 has been reconfigured and renumbered. It appears on the map as light green, and it will be identified as District 28.